Roberta is an Internationally Published Visionary Artist & Illustrator, multidisciplinary therapist and Soul explorer who specializes in watercolors and is well known for her mastery of color and vibrancy. The inspiration of her creations stems from her experience of Shamanic living; communing with Spirit, perceiving all experiences as symbolic by nature and acknowledging that everything in this world possesses a spiritual essence, animated and alive (animism).
Her intention is to birth healing artworks that serves as Medicine for the Soul and Psyche. The foundation of Roberta’s paintings is to gift the viewer with the opportunity to engage, reflect and therefore bring to light what needs to be seen, recognized, heard and ultimately healed.
The SoulBird Studio and therapy room resides in South West London where all the magic takes place.
She has had the opportunity to work with International Publishers; Ryland Peters & Small and The Quarto Group along with a handful of well-known Authors who are all leaders in their field of expertise. You will find her illustrations featured in a number of publications such as ‘The Crystal Power Tarot’ Deck by Jayne Wallace founder of Psychic Sisters, ‘The Ultimate guide to Chakras’ book by Athena Perrakis found of Sage Goddess, ‘The Ultimate guide to Shamanism’ book by Rebecca Keating founder of Shaman Sisters and ‘The Ultimate guide to Psychic Abilities’ book by Karen Frazier. All books and decks can be found on SoulBird Art’s Etsy store.
Professionally, she is qualified as a Sound Therapist, Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master Teacher and Shamanic Practitioner & Dowser. She also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art & Art History and has always had a keen interest in Psychology, Spirituality and the Soul.
Roberta’s early life was a creative one. Growing up in Devon within an artistic family; her Father a British surrealist artist, framer and talented pianist and her Mother who is South American, a gifted seamstress and artisan making the most unique and beautiful marbled papers. They gave Roberta one of the greatest gifts; from the early age of 6 she received private art lessons from a famous local artist, Sally Porch, who went on to become one the most important role models in her life. As a young girl Roberta was a Highly Sensitive Person and had developed an intuitive eye for seeing and feeling where healing was needed. Within her
family she is known as the peace-keeper and learnt early on to how to care for others in need of Loving support. At age 14 she enrolled on to a ‘Peer Listening’ course to support fellow students at secondary school, making herself available on school breaks for children of all ages to speak with someone they trusted about anything that was troubling them. Those years were invaluable early learnings for her later career as a therapist. As she progressed through her teens, Reiki was introduced and at age 16 she received her first attunement which assisted her own personal healing journey.
During and after her studies at University, she worked in three distinctively different Jewelry retail shops. The first was a Diamond Specialist, the second was an arts gallery specializing in handmade jewelry where Roberta hand crafted her own designs of Bridal jewelry before becoming the Manager for ‘Crystals’ in the delightful town of Totnes; one the UK’s leading retailer of crystals, minerals, fossils and semi precious gemstones. It was at this last retailer where Roberta spent her time studying the healing qualities of Gemstones and opening up even more to the world of alternative healing, whilst also gaining experience in the daily running’s of a professional business, leading a small team to success.
She continued studying various kinds of Spiritual and personal development courses and workshops such as Tarot with Mel Collins, Psychic abilities, Spirit Art, Soul Portraits, Crystal Healing, Sound Healing and through these connections she was eventually introduced to Sacred Plant medicines; Ayahuasca and San Pedro that brought her professional career full circle back to her love of Art, revealing to her that Art was where her Heart blossomed most and that was her medicine. It was time to leave the retail world and enter a new one.
SoulBird Art was ‘officially’ born in 2012 as she moved to London to begin her full-time career as an artist.
Her relationship with plant medicines continued to guide her path towards a
Shamanic way of living and eventually attracted a small handful of unique teachers into her life to pursue a more focused way of learning about Spirit and Healing, which included training as a Sound Therapist and Shamanic Practitioner. This evenually offered her the opportunity to host Sound Baths and offer Sound Healing in her local area as well as corporate events for relaxation.
Today, as a Visionary Artist her Shamanic Medicine paintings bridge the worlds between ordinary reality and Spirit, filled with mystery and you will find a deep love of nature woven into her paintings along with symbolic messages and wisdom to be gained from engaging with them. The Soul, Mother Nature, Healing, Spirit animals, Shamans and Medicine women are all sources of inspiration that are translated onto paper from Roberta’s direct revelation of Journeying between the Worlds.
CONTACT ROBERTA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook SoulBird Art by Roberta Orpwood
Pintrest SoulBird Art
Research, Study & Qualifications
- Three Year Shamanic Practitioner, Sacred Trust (2019 – extended and ongoing)
- Advanced Training in Classical Shamanism – Sacred Trust – 2018
- Tarot Foundation – College of Psychic Studies 2018
- Professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2018
- Reiki Master / Teacher course – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Intuitive Reiki – Japanese lineage – Reiki Academy 2017
- Reiki 2 – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Reiki 1 – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Diploma in Integral Sound Healing – Sound Healing Academy – 2016 / 2017
- Foundation in Integral Sound Healing – 2016
- Certified Hypnotherapist Training – Past Life Regression Academy 2016
- Past life regression workshop – 2016
- Shamanic Dowsing for Health Advanced – White Serpent Teachings 2016
- Shamanic Dowsing for Health Foundation / Intermediate – White Serpent Teachings 2016
- Core Shamanism course – Ecstasy, Trance and the Shamanic Journey – Sacred Trust -2015
- Foundations in Psychic Development – School of Intuition & Healing – 2014
- Reiki 2 – Usui Reiki Ryoho – 2012 (London)
- Creator of SoulBird Art ~ Freelance Professional Artist and business owner – 2011 – Present
- Supervisory skills – pittman training – 2010
- Tarot Foundation course – 2009
- Manager of Crystal UK Ltd, Totnes Devon 2008 – 2013
- Art History & Fine Art University Degree 2005 – 2008
- Reiki 1 (Jane Van Spyk) – Usui Reiki Ryoho – 2002