Roberta is a multidisciplinary therapist and professional Visionary Artist who specialises in the development and exploration of the Soul’s journey to empower, inspire and heal. She is both grounded and practical in her approach to Healing and deeply inspired by Shamanism. Her motivation as a Therapist is to work and walk the path of the Heart, opening channels of compassion to others as space holder for healing to take place.
Her qualifications include training as a qualified Sound Therapist, Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master Teacher & Practitioner and Shamanic Dowser. She also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art & Art History and has always had a keen interest in Psychology, Spirituality and the Soul.
She now facilitates workshops and classes within the Uk in London combining her knowledge gained so far along her journey. For example, you’ll find her unique way of approaching the events such as her Sound & Gong ‘ceremonies’ include her love of Shamanism which include working with the natural elements of nature through meditations and journey work. Couple this with her experience working with Sound for healing, these can be potent medicine for those in need of support along their life’s path.
She also runs courses on Intuitive Visionary Art (Art & Meditation) combining the magic of energy healing work with creative expression of the heart through Art. Reiki is also one of her passions and therefore offers this gift to others, in person as a mentor, through courses for 1, 2 and Master level.
Before becoming a therapist, Roberta’s early life was a creative one. Growing up within an artistic / creative family (Father a British surrealist artist, framer and talented pianist and her Mother who is South American, a gifted crafter of all things making the most unique and beautiful marbled papers). They gave Roberta one of the greatest gifts; from the early age of 6 she received weekly art lessons from a famous local artist (Sally Porch) who went on to become one the most important role models in her life. She was also blessed to receive lessons for her favourite instruments; the Piano, Trumpet and Violin.
Interestingly, Energy Healing found its way into her life at age 16 when she took her first course in Reiki, but this was simply a gentle introduction to the world of alternative healing. She continued her studies throughout college and University with Music, Psychology, Sociology, Art & Design, Fine Art and Art History.
During and after her years of studying she worked in 3 distinctively different Jewellery retail shops. The first was a Diamond Specialist, the second was an arts gallery specialising in Glass and jewellery where Roberta had the chance of creating and selling her own Bridal jewellery commissions and then finally became manager for ‘Crystals’ in the delightful town of Totnes, the UK’s leading retailer of crystals, minerals, fossils and semi precious gemstones. It was at this last retailer where Roberta spent her time studying the healing qualities of Gemstones and opening up even more to the world of alternative healing (whilst also gaining experience in the daily running’s of a professional business, leading a small team to success).
For anyone who knows the little town of Totnes, you will understand how easy it was for Roberta to be completely immersed in the world of alternative healing as this place is a very unique town with much to offer. Outside her work environment she continued self development by studying the art of reading Tarot, exploring her own psychic/intuitive gifts and continued her own private practice of art and art tutoring.
Eventually, SoulBird Art was born – a moment in her life where it was time for her to step out into the world to create her very own business, finally embracing her natural gift which was as a Professional Visionary Artist. All her artwork is intuitive and inspired by shamanic journeys and meditations, which led her onto create her unique energy paintings called ‘Soul Portraits’.
As an artist, Roberta will always be at heart an oil painter, but in more recent years you will notice the delicacy of her feminine watercolour paintings that encompass themes that are Shamanic and healing by nature.
As the years go by the more and more she realizes her gift as a Visionary and traveler between worlds, a guide or mentor to assist others in activating their own empowerment from within. You’ll find much of her work stems from the marrying of both Creativity (Art) and Intuition (Connection to the true self).
The addition of SoulBird Healing Arts simply highlights Roberta’s platform to offer her healing services whilst SoulBird Art simply shares her Visionary art.
Research, study & Qualifications
- Advanced Training in Classical Shamanism – Sacred Trust – 2018
- Tarot Foundation – College of Psychic Studies 2018
- Reiki Diploma – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2018
- Reiki Master course – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Intuitive Reiki – Japanese lineage – Reiki Academy 2017
- Reiki 2 – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Reiki 1 – Usui Shiki Ryoho & Usui Reiki Ryoho – Reiki Academy 2017
- Diploma in Integral Sound Healing – Sound Healing Academy – 2016 / 2017
- Foundation in Integral Sound Healing – 2016
- Hypnotherapy Training – 2016
- Past life regression workshop – 2016
- Shamanic Dowsing for Health Advanced – White Serpent Teachings 2016
- Shamanic Dowsing for Health Foundation / Intermediate – White Serpent Teachings 2016
- Core Shamanism course – Ecstasy, Trance and the Shamanic Journey – Sacred Trust -2015
- Foundations in Psychic Development – School of Intuition & Healing – 2014
- Reiki 2 – Usui Reiki Ryoho – 2012 (London)
- Supervisory skills – pittman training – 2010
- Tarot Foundation course – 2009
- Art History & Fine Art University Degree 2005 – 2008
- Reiki 1 (Jane Van Spyk) – Usui Reiki Ryoho – 2002